Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Video: Common On Universal Mind Control



"I wanna review this album," Common starts off. "After listening to this album extensively and really assessing it and just listening to the songs and seeing how I really thought about it, I would say I'd have to give this album an A-plus. A 10, really an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. Five stars if I was Rolling Stone, XXL if I was XXL [magazine]."

Knowing the boldness of the statement he just made, Common explains that this album is for his fans, rather than some break from the norm or his chance to be a more pop-sounding rapper. "Relax and enjoy [Universal Mind Control], knowing that Common is a fun guy too, as well as a thoughtful person…I'm a human being, and I love making music."

Honestly Common, I wouldn't say the album was a 10/10, but people are over-reacting with the bad reviews imho. I would give it: 8.3/10.

No comments: