Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009. What It Do, CuDi...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. People it's 2009. So, what are you going to be looking out from a musical perspecitive for the coming 364 days ahead? Well, there are the obvious albums which people are going to be for, no dis-respect to: Jay-Z's Blueprint III, 50 Cent's Before I Self Distruct, Eminem's first album in 4 years, and of course, dare I say, Dr. Dre's Detox are all going to (Oh I mentioned Detox) supposed to drop in the coming this year. Yes, all of those albums are going to have crazy production, features, and what-not, but, the album which I'm looking forward to the most is a certain debut album by KiD CuDi. Aiight. Now for the reasoning, there is a certain 'vibe?' about Kid, from which I reckon, is going to pleasure to my ears, in a wierd Indie, mashed with Hip-Hop and, topped off with Electro (Yes, my fucked up musical taste plays a part in this), which I know I'm going to think is dope. Also, if you look at look at the way the album is coming about it's gonna be dope, the Day N Night is going to be directed by So Me (who by the way directed&produced probably the 2Dopest Music Videos' ever in: Justice's D.A.N.C.E. & Kanye West's Good Life) just from that you know the music video is going to be dope, and will be interesting what So Me comes up with after the success of the two former videos. As for the album itself, cosidering Cudi himself said it was going to be 10x the mixtape (which iThought was easily one of the best of 08') all signs are leading to something up my alley. Potential production by Yeezy, Ryan Leslie(confirmed), Illfonics, and Cudi himself! As for collaborations the possiblities are crazy, but I think we might see Travis McCoy, Wale, Yeezy, & Keri Hilson(lmfao), perhaps? Anyways, watch those KiD CuDi scrobbles go into overdrive when the album drops, I'm going to buy. By the way, CuDi is listed in both NME's & Pitchfork's Artists to Lookout for in 09' check out those lists. That's what I'm looking forward to, what did you say again? Lol...

Check out KiD CuDi Blog...

No comments: