Sunday, March 8, 2009

Album Review: The Dream - Love vs Money

Waddup Guyz,
Aight, So I got another Album Review...
Comments Please.

Track Listing:

1. Rockin’ That Thang (Song Rating: 8/10)
2. Walkin' On The Moon (ft. Kanye West) (Song Rating: 9/10)
3. My Love (ft. Mariah Carey) (Song Rating: 7/10)
4. Put It Down (Song Rating: 6.5/10)
5. Sweat It Out (Song Rating: 5/10)
6. Take U Home 2 My Mama (Song Rating: 6/10)
7. Love Vs. Money (Song Rating: 6/10)
8. Love Vs. Money: Part 2 (Song Rating: 6/10)
9. Fancy (Song Rating: 5/10)
10. Right Side Of My Brain (Song Rating: 5/10)
11. Mr. Yeah (Song Rating: 7.5/10)
12. Kelly's 12 Play (Song Rating: 6/10)
13. Let Me See The Booty (ft. Lil' Jon) (Song Rating: 7/10)

Radio Killa, R&B Gorilla…

Yessir, Terius Nash is out with another album Love vs. Money. I mean we know that Dream churns out hot beats like Umbrella and Single Ladies and we know that he can create sweet sweet music, and I can say that he has come out with one really good album. If we take a look at the playlist and the album title, we can make an observation; It is that this album is about Ladies, Love, and Sex. This has worked for him greatly.


Dream begins with a BLAZIN track, “Rockin that Shit” This has a really nice beat and I would prefer the remix, but damn, Dream really made this on Fiyah. Dream elaborates on a beautiful women “Girl I’m in love witcha baby and I want you to know, that I’m hooked on your body and I’m trying to be yours.” Now probably the best track on the album is “Walking on the Moon” This joint has a nice beat, hook, and an amazing verse from Kanye. Dream portrays a more “dirty” approach in “Sweat it out” when he talks about sex with a women and really, the track isn’t all that great, but the lyrics are good. Another example of good lyrics are with Kelly’s 12 play, where obviously R. Kelly’s name is the subject of the song and of course it a funny story about, yup, you guessed it, sex. Another must mention is the bonus track, “Let me see the Booty”, It’s really unique and its something that I haven’t heard Dream do before which makes this track really likeable.


Even though this album is turning out to be a great one; it is based on only 3-4 tracks, because the other tracks don’t have that typical “Dream Hook.” However Walking on the Moon and Rockin’ That Thang really make it up and its what makes this album real and a must listen. Let’s hope that Dream can really keep this up, because at the rate dream is going, his next album could be legendary.


(Final Rating: 6.5/10)

No comments: